Saturday, September 19, 2009

Prayers For Jessica Easley.....September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Each year over 160,000 children are diagnosed with cancer...the number one killer disease of children. Unfortunately very little money is steered towards childhood cancer, and it is totally different from adult cancers. I follow many of these children on Carepages and Caringbridge , offering encouragement and support. Anytime I'm on my pitypot i just pop over to one of these pages...and count my blessings!
I have been feverishly trying to finish up a necklace for a little girl, Jessica Easley, who is terminally ill with cancer and at home with hospice care. Jessica wanted to take her beloved dog LeeRoy with her on her final journey...figuratively, that is. And so I made her this PMC fine silver necklace with a picture of her and LeeRoy that I took from a video on her website. The picture is encased in resin. Jessica has bravely accepted her destiny, and she would welcome prayers for a miracle and/or a peaceful and joyous earning of her angel wings. You can read more about Jessica here......feel free to leave her a comment or a message, too.


This is a new talisman necklace I have just listed on Etsy.

The design is Unisex....Hand cast PMC Fine Silver from a Photo polymer mold I made from a photo i took...
PLEASE remember to leave me your EMAIL ADDRESS ...otherwise I can't thank you for visiting my blog!

8 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

What an absolutely beautiful necklace for Jessica - obviously filled with love and compassion. I love the eye talisman, too.

Kathy McElroy said...

How sweet is this. You are such a wonderful person Connie.

Kris said...

Connie, the necklace you created for that sweet girl is totally freaking awesome. You are making a difference to her. So wonderful....

Teresa L. Radke said...

Oh my gosh, what a DOLL you are. I was typing in my daughter's name to find a prayer list she was added to...and here I find this most thoughtful gift of the heart. You will be blessed so richly for your kind heart upon my little girl. I just showed her the picture of the necklace...and she said "oooooohhhh, it is me and Leeroy." Then she went on to tell me how beautiful it us...and how beautiful you must be! Thank you beyond words could express. My little girl is so happy to have Leeroy with her during her journey so far.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessicaeasley said...

There isn't a day go by that Jessica does not show your creation to somebody! It is so beautiful, full of love, and Jessica adores it. Thank you for giving my girl such a gift of the heart. P.S., I like the Hawaiian treats too!

Laura L St Louis, Mo said...

I am so very touched to see this post, especially since I am a follower of Jessica on Caring Bridge! The lord does work in Mysterious ways! I eas actually looking for art to use in signature tags for promoting childhood cancer, and here you were!
Thanks again for posting for Jessica!

jackie said...

Oh dear - I had no idea how many of your posts I had missed until now! I am SO very touched by the beautiful, meaningful necklace that you made for little Jessica! Your heart is so big and warm and we are all so blessed to have you in our lives!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]performance of adobe creative suite 4, [url=http://sapresodas.net/]windows xp home activation crack[/url]
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]office software for sale[/url] microsoft office standard edition 2003 product key writing educational software
FileMaker Pro [url=http://sapresodas.net/]windows xp service pack 2 download[/url] cheap software in
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]macromedia flash animation software[/url] software office originale
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]office oem software[/url] microsoft video software
where to buy software online [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]adobe software registration[/url][/b]