Tuesday, December 18, 2007

New projects...inc. UHU glass glue...

I have been working on Christmas presents - wrapping and shipping all week. It is a mystery to me how I can plan for so long and yet get caught short once again. I always run out of time. Suddenly Christmas is a week away and my projects aren't wrapped, or sent - let alone finished! What happened? How did I lose track of time and my commitments? But it happens every year....maybe it is just part of getting old - everything speeds by.......
I did a bit on my painting. added more threads and roots. darkened it a bit. I still haven't added the bubble pictures..... This is it upside down. I am undecided if I like it better upside down or right side up.


And here are 2 of the glass pendants. I made PMC bails for them (UsingUHU glass glue - a 2 part epoxy - my big test!) and fiber for the chain. I made fine silver wire clasps for them too...kind of primitive....


I also finished the tulip/flying horse hanging. I quilted it and added hanging corners to the back - I didn't take pictures of that.....I wasn't thrilled with it - but it is a good beginning for another project I'm going to work on.
....and lastly i finally mounted a stone cabochon my sister asked me to turn into a piece of jewelry. She had chosen the stone. It sort of looks like either a face of the "wind" or a wild boar.....I used PMC for the mount and made the chain with amethyst and amber. It turned out very heavy....(as in ...it weighs a lot....) My second completed PMC project...live and learn.... I tumbled it in my Lortone tumbler and I have to say, it sure works better than trying to hand burnish the whole thing. I made the clasp too.

3 comments:

Fran S said...

WOW! These are sooooo cool! I love what you did to make the stone into the pendant. Very YOU and such a cool design! xoxo, Fran

Joanne Huffman said...

Way cool jewelry. Very intriguing painting. And, you and Lorri must have had a really great time.

Joanne

Darya said...

This is BEYOND GORGEOUS, Connie! Only your second PMC piece??/ WOW! I'm speechless.

Hugs,
Darya