Monday, December 29, 2008

A Bit About My Month of December....

Besides needing to complete 2 Christmas exchanges and the black and white swap this December, I also made a lot of my Christmas presents! I made earrings and/or necklaces for my nieces, icicle mom dolls for my sisters and dad and I made a copper over wood frame for the balloon painting to give my niece in Philadelphia. i attempted to make 2 photo dolls for my grand nieces - but I botched these up so bad I am going to wait until go to Maui next week and can get to a real fabric store and buy some pink fleece! I wish I could show you picture - but of course I was so anxious to get everything finished and sent - I didn't take any. I did not send out any cards - but I hope to get some out this week for new years - but I did do my dad's cards for him.
During December, my wonderful friend Lorri Scott came to the island for a vacation. She has a gorgeous condo in Poipu, and on Tuesday night I went to dinner with her and then spent the night. The next morning we went for a long walk at the beach and then headed to Waimea to check out some ocean cottages for a possible future art retreat and to have lunch.

This is a picture of Lorri sipping her Pina Colada, with my Pina Colada in the foreground!

A banyon tree at Waimea Plantations....

....the beach in front of the cottages....the swimming pool is in the background where the lounges are.....
Then we headed for glass beach to look for beach finds ...

Lorri and I on glass beach...

Closer on the "sand" we are standing on....

...and closer still!
On Friday I met Lorri at our favorite lunch place "mermaids" where we had iced Chai tea made with coconut milk and ahi wraps with cucumber and avocado inside instead of rice. Way YUMMY!
It was raining........ miserably! We hoped to get together on Monday to visit the Hindu Temple, but we'd had a fierce rain storm the night before and we had tall ironwood trees that had fallen on the side fence and gate and had a huge yard pick up to do. ...and then it continued to storm and flood and rain....we even had a tornado warning!
So I will have to wait until February to see Lorri again when she comes back to the island again.
I sure had a good time with her!
It is still raining. We haven't mowed the lawns in 3 weeks. Everything is getting mildew smelling and it is very gloomy....the temperature is down to 60 at night!
Next Saturday my sister and her husband are flying to Maui for a week, and I am going to fly there and spend a few days with them! Woohoo! They are great fun!

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

future retreat? Did you say future retreat?

Have a great time in Maui.

Joanne, who got the last of her Christmas cards out on Dec 26

Kim said...

A) I'm hungry now , and B)how did that glass beach come to be???! I'm completely boggled lol!

Cheryl said...

I certainly missed the glass beach when I was in Kauai! Oh how I wish I could get back there.