Normally I would use Sparex - which is a somewhat toxic. I had read that pickle was called pickle because it was often just pickle juice. For this experiment, last week I had saved the giant plastic container full of pickle juice that formerly housed some pickles from Costco we had devoured I took the whole jar and heated it in the microwave for a minute - Sparex (and most pickles) always work better heated.
|Costco giant pickle jar full of pickle juice|
So here's the bracelet before.....
Woohoo - no more firescale! Then I scrubbed the copper with dishwasher soap and a green scrubby. It came out sparkly clean!
this shows the scrubby and the dishwashing liquid....it's a wider bracelet I also made- but it'has all of its firescale gone too!
Safe and Easy - pretty cool, huh!?!