I finally got my fat bird pages finished and in the mail. I had made the backgrounds on watercolor paper which i sprayed with water, painted on color and then sprinkled with sea salt. the salt made really cool concentrations of color. I put them aside to dry.
The next morning they were covered in huge puddles of water. uh oh - must have rained too much last night. So i blotted them dry, brushed off the salt, and then ironed them even dryer.
So I add my embellishments - fabric, birds, words, etc - and while the gel is drying - the cards go limp again. I guess the salt residue was still attracting the moisture from the air on the fold of the card that wasn't covered in gel. I ironed them dry again and did my best to TOTALLY seal the pages. WHAT A PAIN! ... you think i'd learn to test techniques first! HAH!
Here's how they finally turned out - these are fast photos, not scans -
water color salt background, fabric, print of bird painting with texture added.
bird tesselation for the back. I was going to sew around them, but i needed to get them mailed, so i just called them done.
Today my DH found the most adorable puppy. We are calling him "Raif". He looks to be about 12 weeks old - very clean (must have been kept indoors - otherwise he'd be filthy!) He's already partially trained - "points" when he sees a chicken - we think he's an expensive hawaiian hunting dog - just beautiful, sweet and smart.
he wandered into our yard when lance left the gate open for me to return thru when i finished my bike ride. He didn't have a collar on him. I posted a sign on the front gate that says "PUPPY FOUND". I will post a pic tomorrow - as it is night now, and i don't want to wake him.
Our dog, Chalupa, hates him --she's very jealous!