Friday, February 06, 2009

Nothing beats a good friend......

My friend Claudia was visiting on Oahu last week and hopped over to Kauai to spend a few days with me! She was only here for 2 days, but I had a blast! The weather was uncooperative, cold and rainy...but we explored the island from one side to the other....here are some pics....

Claudia and I....


Monk seal (an endangered species) we ran across at Glass beach.

Stormy ocean! We'd hiked into Donkey beach in search of those huge shells I had found before, but the tide was in and the waves were so violent it was too dangerous to get too close to the water...

...beautiful flowers on the hike down to the beach....

enjoying a Shave Ice at JoJo's in Waimea...a shave ice is like a very fine snowcone that just melts in your mouth....on the bottom is macadamia nut ice cream...yum!

..being silly in Hanalei

..chickens on the beach in Haena

...the end of a fun 2 days!

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time in spite of the weather. Fun photos!

Joanne

jackie said...

What fun! Glad you had some time with your friend! I really like the mermaid pix - cute!
hugs,
jackie

Sherry Goodloe said...

When you're with a good friend, the weather doesn't matter! I can tell by the looks on your faces, that you both had a fun time :)

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Good morning, Connie! You won the OWOH giveaway on my blog for the red crystal earrings! Please visit my blog and leave a comment on my most recent post with your email address (I won't publish your comment), and I will contact you. Congratulations! =)