Thursday, May 28, 2009

catch up!

I have been away on the mainland for my niece's graduation party - and of course am hopelessly behind in my answering emails and blogging! Jennifer is now Dr. Rasmussen, MD...her specialty is neurology and she will be doing her residency in San Antonio, Texas. (which is coincidentally -hah!- where her mother and dad live). My sister Marianne and brother-in-law Frank gave her a fabulous party in Las Vegas. Lots and lots of family and friends came, including my son Vincent, and we had a blast! here are a few photos:

Queen Marianne and Princess Izzy

Frank and Izzy's mom, Brittany

Vincent and his Godchild, Maggie ( Jennifer and Jim's baby)

Great grandpa (my dad) and Izzy.

My aunts and uncles and the honoree Jennifer

The babies playing with Las Vegas in the background....
Art wise, I have been working mostly on gifts for family and an upcoming niece's wedding, and a few new necklaces.....I will post some pics as soon as something is finished...too much to do!
Healing Tree Doll beginnings...so much for finishing a gift for Jen!

6 comments:

jackie said...

I know you're very proud of your doctor niece! Congrats to her! Looking forward to seeing your latest projects!

Fran Saperstein said...

Congrats to your niece! Dave trained in San Antonio in neurology, too. We have friends there. Where is she training?

Kathy L said...

What a great looking family. Congrats to your niece. The pictures said it all---a good time was had by all. Family gatherings and celebrations are the best. Thanks for sharing the pics!

k

Joanne Huffman said...

What a wonderful reason for you to have forgotten your duty to your blog fans. Your whole family must be very proud. Congrats to everyone! Belated Happy Anniversary to you and Lance. It sounds like a wonderful celebration. The healing tree doll looks intriguing.

Jo

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I always love reading your updates!
:o)
Happy to see the photos!
The kids are dolls! AND I love the wands!
:o)
What kind of face will the doll have?

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I always love reading your updates!
:o)
Happy to see the photos!
The kids are dolls! AND I love the wands!
:o)
What kind of face will the doll have?