Wednesday, October 19, 2011

AROUND THE YARD....

This is a beautiful mushroom I found growing on the side of the shop.  I looked it up and it's called an Amethyst Deceiver.  It isn't poisonous, but it doesn't taste good....
 Isn't it beautiful!



..and this is a hawaiian tree snail...it was climbing up a heliconia.....it's HUGE!  You never touch them without gloves because they carry killer bacteria.....



5 comments:

artymess said...

wow that snail is amazing ......x

JUNE said...

Yikes! thank god you know your stuff...what a beauty that mushroom is though...love them. Just catching up on visits...glad I stopped by, thx, june

Joanne Huffman said...

The mushroom looks very cool, indeed - ready for some fairies to move in. Luckily, I'm not in the habit of touching snails, even humongous ones.

Kris said...

Very cool captures of your local nature!

Bev said...

oh im so glad u posted about not touching snails my dog died of lung worm last year and ive heard of a toddler dying from it also...