Thursday, April 26, 2007

I GOT MY HAIRCUT -yeah! ...and more...uh...charms


Front Side Back

I didn't want to cut my hair - i haven't had it long for about 10 years and was trying to grow it out- but i just couldn't deal with it anymore - it was at that awkward below the shoulder stage and frizzy from the humidity and it was incorrigible and - well - just a mess. Besides...it made me look my...age.
Sooooo- i got it all cut off - and it feels MARVELOUS!

Today the tree trimmers came to cut out the overgrown ironwood trees. The trees are about 75 feet tall and a few of them had huge branches - about 30 feet long - that were hanging precariously over the lawn. Because of the rain and the wind they had bent themselves down and one was actually touching the grass! So the tree trimmers came with a huge cherry picker lift and cut the big branches off, cut them up to give away as firewood and chipped the rest - now the yard looks open and the sun is getting in again...... it's very cheery .....and the realtor's won't worry about our liability with their clients! of course i didn't take any pics, and now it's dark.....
I worked a bit in the shop. My gecko still hasn't been fired. But i did play with resin.....
these aren't finished yet, but you get the idea. the bird one gets an egg on the back, and the embellishment crystal charm is meant to hang over the front of the charm. The charms are on the cards they will be packaged with. These are for the
ICE charm group



6 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Connie, I love the cut and colors of your new hair do. The charms look great. You always do a great job of packaging.
Joanne

Angie in AZ said...

Joanne is extremely generous and isn't it fun getting suprises in the mail?! And gosh, I love your haircut! It looks great!

Fran S said...

I absolutely love the haircut! And the charms are so cool. :) xoxo, Fran

Lorri Scott said...

Love the haircut!! And the photos you're posting of your fab Hawaii backyard. Wish I was there. Maybe in the fall? Are you coming to CA anytime soon?

Lorri

Kathy McElroy said...

Love your new haircut. It makes you look younger.
~k~

Aileen said...

Connie your hair is adorable!! Love the cut and the color looks fantastic on you!! I'm catching up on my blog reading :-)