Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gratitude Day 10

Today I am grateful for modern over the counter medicines. I had the most horrendous headache this morning...probably caffeine withdrawal! I just popped 2 aspirins and it helped tremendously. and then I got to thinking about all of the over the counter medicines that really ease our life. They don't necessarily cure - but they ease the symptoms, and for the most part are easy to obtain. I rarely take anything but it is so nice to get relief when I really need it. Or how about a nasal decongestant when you have a stuffy nose and can't breathe? Or neosporin for a cut, or chocolate when you feel depressed? ...what? that's not a medicine?....how about Starbucks? or new shoes?.....my, we are spoiled, aren't we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Are REALLY Deep in your thinking.....But i Love you non-the less!